San Diego Gender Discrimination Attorney
Both men and women deserve to be treated fairly and equally in California work environments. Moreover, both federal and California laws prohibit any form of gender discrimination in the workplace, no matter the intention or the form it takes.
As such, if you’ve been a victim (or still are a victim) of gender discrimination, it is essential to get a highly reputable San Diego gender discrimination attorney on your side. Not only will filing a lawsuit against your aggressors bring justice to the situation, but it can also provide you with compensation for your suffering while discouraging further gender discrimination in other California workplaces.
What is Gender Discrimination
Gender discrimination affects both men and women, but with regards to inherent needs that woman have, as well as pre-existing discrimination against women in many workplaces, it is more common for a woman to be the victim of gender discrimination. Some forms of gender discrimination can include:
- Wrongful termination on the basis of sex or gender
- Refusals to grant time off for reasonable medical needs and/or appointments
- Refusal to reasonably accommodate certain medical conditions, such as pregnancy or other maternity-related issues identified by a physician
- Wrongful termination during maternity leave or termination shortly after returning from maternity leave
- Retaliation for exercising your rights in accordance with state and/or federal family leave laws
Other areas of gender discrimination that affect men and women equally can include:
- Hiring — although you possess the required experience and excellent qualifications, you are denied the job on the basis of gender. For instance, the company’s clients are more comfortable dealing with men, and so you aren’t hired because you are a woman.
- Conditions of Employment — certain employment requirements are not necessary but are in place to prevent a certain gender from getting the job.
- Firing — during company cutbacks, you lose your job but all men (or women) in the same position with similar/less seniority keep their jobs.
- Promotion — those of the opposite gender, with less experience, qualifications, and/or seniority, are given the promotion instead.
- Benefits and Pay — you are given fewer benefits and/or less pay, while those of similar standing and of opposite gender receive more benefits and/or higher pay.
- Sexual Harassment — An employer, supervisor, or another employee continually makes unwelcome comments or touches you in a sexual manner. Often, unwelcome sexual advancements also come with certain benefits, whereas refusing to submit to advances can put you in a precarious position.
- Sex Stereotyping — Comments or evaluations effects by certain stereotypes about your sex.
Contact Jason A. Rodenbo For Your Gender Discrimination Case
When filing a gender discrimination lawsuit, it is essential to have an experienced and notable gender discrimination lawyer at your side. In many cases, you may have to file and present your case to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) or the federal administrative agency, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). You can also pursue your claim in California courts. In any case, you may be fighting against your company and its team of attorneys, who’ll invest significant finances to quelling your complaint.
Build a robust case that can effectively affront your employer by calling San Diego attorney Jason A. Rodenbo at 619-265-0081 today!